Wednesday, April 10, 2013

End of 2nd Cycle: Monthly Cycle, Monthly Tears

The two week wait officially ended last April 7 and again, with the flow of my period goes the flow of my tears... I can't help but to slide down again after regaining myself from the failed IUI.

But as I've said earlier, I am not losing hope. We will keep on praying to God to give us a chance to experience motherhood/parenthood. I pray to Him that He continue to enlighten us and guide us towards the right direction. I also asked for healing -- that He touches our bodies and heal us from all the illnesses that hinder us to have a baby. I ask God also to lift up all my worries, fears, stress and wipe away my tears.And lastly, we are entrusting everything to the Lord now. We cannot force Him to give us what we want on our own timeline, but it will only happen in His own time.

I tried to visit again another OB doctor here in Dubai during the first day of my period this month but unfortunately I was not able to follow her orders and came back to her due to the following reasons:

1) I don't feel comfortable talking to her and the warmth I am looking for was not there when we were discussing our issues. She is an Iraqi doctor, hence probably the culture and religious beliefs become an instant obstacle in having an open and friendly communication.

2) Her consultation fee is way too expensive compared to other doctors. Consultation for 15 minutes costs 200 dirhams (approximately around 2,200 pesos). This does not include any physical examinations. Everything that she will do to you will incur another price to pay.

3) She instructed me to do another round of bloodwork again (which I have done only last February 2013). Specifically, she said I had to take it on day 3 or 4 of my period only, with 12 hours of fasting. This prevented me from doing so as I was doing night shift at work on days 3 and 4 and fasting would be impossible. Plus, no sleep rest will definitely alter the blood result.

4) She ordered me to undergo HSG to one of their affiliated clinics. I was more than willing to do that this month, just right after my period. But when I approached the receptionist and was told of the price for HSG, I had to postpone it to another month and decided to ask around for a cheaper rate. The HSG in the clinic costs 1,750 dirhams (more or less around 20,000 pesos!).

The only thing that we followed from her was the prescription for my DH to take the medicines she prescribed to improve motility and morphology of his spermies.

I asked if I can continue with Clomid this cycle and she said it was fine but if I will be undergoing HSG, it is not recommended to take clomid.

Since we decided to postpone HSG till next month, we opted to take clomid again this 3rd cycle. DH is also taking Enduranz (which was recommended by my friends who got pregnant recently).

Before making any decisions and actions, I always pray to God and Padre Pio to guide us what would be the right thing to do. I continually ask for their guidance to lead me towards the people/things that can help us out.

Probably, the meeting with this Iraqi doctor is one of the signs He was giving me to try conceiving naturally and be more patient in waiting. After our visit to this doctor, DH suggested we should try less expensive ways to boost our fertility first before undergoing again medical treatments. But HSG is still definitely part of our priority list. We just need to pull up resources and look for the right doctor and clinic to perform it.

We are trying to find now a good acupuncture and TCM clinic here in Dubai to help us out in boosting our fertility.

On to the 3rd cycle, now on CD5,  with Clomid and lots and lots of faith and hope!


1 comment:

  1. My heart goes to you my dear. I know exactly how you feel. I've been to different docs here in Saudi Arabia who are known to be experts in their field that made me come up with a conclusion - female docs are less sympathetic when dealing with infertility! Idk but both two female hospital staffs (both Middle Eastern) that I've met agrees with me that those lady docs that we have named are so insensitive to these kind of cases that they look at it as part of their work that they're probably burnt out with. The male fertility consultant's we've met were more serious and comforting. They're more determined to help us get pg than those female docs. Isn't that ironic? Haha, there goes my rant...

    ReplyDelete