Sunday, March 10, 2013

IUI #1

Sorry for the delayed updates. The succeeding posts will reveal why I hibernated for a while.

February 20, 2013

The start of a new hope... Hopefully the start of building our own family. We went to CRM in Ortigas at 6am to avoid being late on our 9am appointment. Hubby and I went there with my sister and my brother-in-law who drove us to Ortigas.

We arrived at 0830am in CRM and hubby had his specimen collected at 0850am. The sperm washing will take around 2 hours and my scheduled IUI will be at 1230pm so we had to wait for a couple of hours.


The other TTC couple with Dr. T was also there and will have the same procedure almost the same time as ours.

Dr. T arrived at 12 noon and I was asked to empty my bladder and lie down in the IUI room at 1215pm. I was a little bit scared because I do not know whether it will be painful or not, though in the internet they said it is painless. At around 12nn, I took Feldene melt tablet as instructed by Dr.T just to make sure that I don't feel any pain.

The actual procedure lasted only about 5 minutes and I did not feel any pain apart from the insertion of speculum and a sudden surge in my right abdomen -- probably my hubby's sperms trying to get their way to my dominant follicles on my right ovary.

I was told to lie down and wait for 1 hour just to make sure that the sperms settle in my body. While waiting, Dr.T mentioned out of nowhere that I should try visit Padre Pio Shrine in Libis, Quezon City because most of her patients went there also asking for babies.

Also, Dr.T gave me a medical certificate requesting for my work be on a day shift pattern while waiting for the pregnancy to be confirmed just to avoid stress while on the 2 week waiting period.

After the IUI, when we arrived home, I had brown spotting and it must have been on the speculum because after some time it stopped already.

I had to take bedrest for a day or two just not to stress out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment