Sunday, March 10, 2013

Padre Pio Encounter - Touching Our Hearts

I did not know Padre Pio until I came across his name in the forums for TTC women in the internet. They said they went to Padre Pio shrine and asked for a baby and he performs miracles. I did not pay much attention to this and I just continued researching on the do's and dont's before and after IUI.

Then on the day of my IUI, Dr. T asked me if we are Catholic. I said yes and she recommended for us to go to Padre Pio shrine in Libis just to offer prayers as her other patients also went there to ask for a baby. So I know deep in my heart that God and Padre Pio has put into my doctor's mouth that He is inviting me to visit this sanctuary.

Before going there, I did my research and found out that celebrities Julius Babao and Tintin Bersola also received miracle from Padre Pio when they asked for another baby when Tintin was having difficulty conceiving also. This made my urge to go to this chapel stronger. I read some other testimonies also about Padre Pio and I know that I am very much willing to welcome him into my life.

So we went to Libis on February 22 despite the heavy rain. I should not be travelling that far given that I only had IUI 2 days ago but there was this force that was pulling me to go there. I went to Libis with my hubby, my brother and my sister.

Our initial plan was just to visit the place, offer our prayers and then go home. We left Malolos at 12nn and we expected to arrive in Padre Pio Shrine at around 2pm if we find it right away. We did not know where it is located so we asked our uncle who was driving a taxi to drive with us so we won't be lost. The Holy Mass on a Friday is held at 0530pm which is quite late already. We were thinking we will not attend the mass anymore.

But we do not know for some reason, we were held up from Tandang Sora until Ateneo in Katipunan for a few hours due to heavy traffic. Hence, we arrived at Padre Pio Shrine past 3pm already and I decided to wait for the Holy Mass. I was telling my siblings and my hubby that it was Padre Pio who made it that traffic on our way so that we can attend his holy mass. Upon going home, there was no traffic at all.


Upon entering the chapel, you can experience the solemnity. We went right away to Padre Pio relic and fall in line to pray for his intercession. Good thing we were quite early because at around 430pm they stopped already the line in preparation for the Holy Rosary and Holy Mass.

When it was our turn to say our prayers to Padre Pio, I noticed the sweet scent of the roses. It is very calming standing in front of him. As my hubby and I were praying, I can't help but cry. I was trying to hold back my tears but they all went treaming down my cheeks. I guess Padre Pio knows already how I really want to have a baby.


After saying our petition, we wrote our prayer requests and dropped them in the box behind us.

We were not familiar with the chapel's layout and I was just looking around trying to figure out where are those areas that I saw in the internet like the other small chapel, the aviary, the souvenir shops, and the sacred place. So we just followed the others who entered and exited the other doors. And alas, we were guided towards another solemn nook. Here, we also lighted our candles for our petition.

We went also inside Il Luogo Sacro (The Sacred Place) and it is a really very solemn place, where one can find peace of mind.
We were not able to visit the aviary as it was raining hard that day. By the time we finished roaming around and buying souvenirs, it was already time for the Holy Rosary and very shortly, the Holy Mass. It was a heartwarming mass and it was ended by veneration of oil to all devotees.

If I am still in the Philippines, I will continue visiting Padre Pio. I promise myself to visit him again on my next visit to Manila. Even if he has not granted yet my prayers, I know that he is listening to me and waiting for the right time to give our heart's desire. Padre Pio has become one of my favorites now and I am continuously praying for his intercession.

No comments:

Post a Comment